Thursday, June 11, 2015

Tobit

Tobit 7:17 Be brave, my daughter. May the Lord grant you joy in place of your grief!

Last week the Catholic mass readings included the book of Tobit. We have been reading the book of Tobit all week and on Thursday the sad story of Sarah and Tobit was finally over and Sarah, Tobit’s daughter is married to Tobiah. Sarah had a demon on her and 7 of her husbands died before consummating the marriage. Obviously she was depressed and it was a sad story for several chapters. Much prayer from Tobit and Sarah and Tobiah and the hand of God turned this story into a love story. I was reading the meditations on the readings in The Word among Us publication and they presented several questions that reminded me of my love story. I remembered that God answered my prayers and how I had to step out in faith to meet my husband. It was a lot less dramatic then losing 7 husbands but there was definitely some similar experiences which included lots of prayerful questions and blind faith throughout our courtship. From the Word among us:
  • What is your “how we met” story?
  • How did God hear and answer your prayers?
  • How did you find the courage to follow the Spirit’s promptings?
  • What risks did you face?

No comments:

Post a Comment