Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Divine Attributes

I would like to share some text from Mother Angelica’s book “The Father’s Splendor”. When you purchase items from ETWN’s catalog they send you freebies. I have several booklets from Mother Angelica that are full of incredible insight into who God is, his “splendor”. Mother Angelica has a way of taking what is supernatural and mysterious and presenting these mysteries in very understandable language through her stories (EWTN) and her writings. The first few pages of this book filled me with awe as I read these attributes of God. These are but a few that touched me most deeply.
His Power created me
His Wisdom knit me in my mother’s womb
His Providence sustained me
His Omnipotence breathed a soul into my body
His Goodness brought me forth in a world of beauty and in a family filled with love
His Wisdom sees every detail of my life
His Providence protects me
His Mercy forgives me
His Goodness bring good out of my mistakes
His Joy fills my life with many oases to rest and take courage
As I work and labor of for my bread. His Light gives me ideas
His Omnipotence makes me creative
His Omnipresence keeps me company in lonely hours
His Love is always there when I feel unloving and unloved
His Peace is ever ready to fill my soul when I am disturbed
His Justice will take care of the persecutions I have suffered
His Compassion assures me of His Love

His Wisdom designed all creation
His Power brought it into being
His Providence disposes and orders all things in their proper place
His Goodness gives it all to me


Mother Angelica, 1977, The Fathers Splendor, EWTN Catholic Publisher, 5817 Old Leeds Road, Irondale, AL, USA, 35210

No comments:

Post a Comment