Sunday, June 7, 2015

In God We Trust

Greetings on this beautiful day June. If I had to pick a perfect season this would be it. It’s in the 70’s, sunny, breezy, and the garden is blooming.

Seven months have gone by since God put it on my heart to blog for him. The Lord slipped his question into my head when I was thinking about how I needed to find  time to blog more for my teaching blog. There I was all goal oriented trying to do more for my career and for myself. That’s when I heard him ask me, “Why don’t you blog for Me?”. I felt convicted for not having considered a Christian centered blog. I also felt convicted for all the time I spend doing what I want to do instead of being in relationship with God. Next I was concerned about what I would write. Then I remembered that if God wants me to do this he will provide a way.

Proverbs 6:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans.

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Jeremiah 42:3
Pray that the LORD your God will tell us where we should go and what we should do."

Psalm 32:8
The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.

Over the winter I have been trying to get my notes and stories into blogs. Spring arrives and I am still hesitant to post online. I feel this is a private area of my life and I am anxious to publish my thoughts to the world. Oh, but we are called to share the Good News!

Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Last Sunday during mass the tug, the nudge of God was too much to ignore. My reaction to the nudge was “what shall I name the blog” and bingo "In God We Trust” popped into my head and stayed there, repeating itself throughout the day. There would be no forgetting the title. It seemed very Americana with the wording that is on our money. I really liked the trust God part and that reminded me of  Divine Mercy “Jesus I trust in You.”

God Bless



1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I read all your posts and love each one! I know you are a private person, a very deep well in which to draw from! I look forward to following your future entries! ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete